By Andrea F. Polard,Teresa Wright
The Western global teaches us that happiness comes from achievement—from atmosphere objectives and actively pursuing them. jap knowledge teaches us that quit is the most important, that we needs to enable cross to be able to event the nice circulation of being that's simply to be had within the current second. How will we take the easiest knowledge from either one of those methods, and honor what Dr. Andrea Polard calls “the wings of happiness” that let us to really soar?
Discover Dr. Polard's groundbreaking synthesis of Western pondering and japanese philosophy with A Unified conception of Happiness, a hot and customized consultant for the transformation of cognizance that permits own overall healthiness and achievement to flourish. whereas our lives are choked with ups and downs, Dr. Polard teaches us that we do not have to permit those ups and downs keep an eye on our event of lifestyles. A Unified conception of Happiness teaches you the abilities to settle on and settle for happiness via illuminating:
- How to navigate the energetic “Basic Mode” and the non-active “Supreme Mode” of recognition to answer life's complexities with flexibility
- Tools to construct ambition, competence, self assurance, and connection—essential features of reconciling with life's fragility and development an attractive, real self
- Paths to receptivity, tranquility, reliance, and lightheartedness—keys to getting access to your normal reference to the total of being, and figuring out your non-dual self
- The idea of Elastic Consciousness—a balanced position in ideal accord with an authentically lived life
“Happiness,” says Dr. Polard, “is a fancy direction that turns into effortless simply as we stroll it.” ultimately, here's a paintings that offers a accomplished knowing of happiness that honors the total spectrum of life's choices whereas broadening your event of its inherent joy.
Read or Download A Unified Theory of Happiness: An East-Meets-West Approach to Fully Loving Your Life PDF
Best customs & traditions books
Taiwanese society is in the course of an incredible, intriguing attempt to outline itself, looking to erect a latest identification upon the basis of a hugely particular heritage. This ebook presents an intensive assessment of Taiwanese cultural existence. The advent familiarizes scholars and readers with the island's key geographical and demographic positive aspects, and offers a chronological precis of Taiwanese historical past.
The murgas are troupes of performers, musicians, writers, and creators who, in the course of Montevideo's Carnival, practice at the tablados, transitority phases inbuilt the neighborhoods of Uruguay's capital urban every year. through the interval of Uruguay's subjection to a brutal dictatorship and within the following period of "democratization," the murgas, estimated initially as well known theater, have been remodeled right into a image of social resistance, celebrated by means of many and perceived via others as menacing and subversive.
A fifteen-year-old highschool cheerleader is killed whereas using on a perilous curve one afternoon. through that evening, her classmates have erected a roadside pass embellished with silk blooms, now not as a grim caution, yet as a loving memorial. during this research of roadside crosses, the 1st of its variety, Holly Everett provides the historical past of those particular commemoratives and their dating to modern memorial tradition.
El autor reunió en dos años más de six hundred objetos etnográficos, 250 muestras botánicas, más de three mil fotografías etnográficas, así como importantes datos en lengua huasteca. Una uncomplicated mirada al contenido nos da una muestra de l. a. profundidad del estudio: el autor no sólo observó e investigó l. a. pervivencia de los principales ritos de esta cultura, sino que tomó parte en sus celebraciones.
- Explaining Traditions: Folk Behavior in Modern Culture (Material Worlds)
- The Jewish Life Cycle: Rites of Passage from Biblical to Modern Times (Samuel and Althea Stroum Lectures in Jewish Studies)
- Foodies: Democracy and Distinction in the Gourmet Foodscape (Cultural Spaces)
- The Chinese Way
- Women in Clothes: Why We Wear What We Wear
- Lifestyle Migration: Expectations, Aspirations and Experiences (Studies in Migration and Diaspora)
Additional resources for A Unified Theory of Happiness: An East-Meets-West Approach to Fully Loving Your Life
A Unified Theory of Happiness: An East-Meets-West Approach to Fully Loving Your Life by Andrea F. Polard,Teresa Wright